INSTRUCTIONS FOR SURGERY
- • Please check into Hilo Medical Center’s screening counter two (2) hours prior to your surgery time and they will direct you to the registration desk.
- • DO NOT EAT or DRINK anything after midnight the night prior to surgery
- • If you are on blood thinners or diabetic medications, please contact the East Hawaii Health General Surgery Clinic at 932-4225 for specific instructions
- • If you take any additional medications besides the above, it is okay to take with a sip of water the morning of surgery
- • Be sure to bring your picture ID and current medical insurance card.
- • Do not bring jewelry or valuables with you.
- • You must have a driver to drop you off and pick you up after the procedure.
- • Use the Outpatient Parking pass provided to you by the clinic by placing it on the dashboard. Short stay surgery parking is located next to the handicap parking
- • Notify East Hawaii Health General Surgery office if you develop any sign of illness, such as fever, chills, congestion, etc.
- • Surgical times are approximate. Many factors such as emergencies or the complexity of preceding cases can delay your start time.
- • Failure to follow these instructions may result in your procedure being canceled.
Please the office at 932-4225, if you have any questions or concerns.
DOCUMENTS FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT