This page will be updated regularly to include inform our community about our hospital’s preparedness to COVID-19.
KEY FACT SHEETS & INFORMATION (Regularly Updated)
Wear Your Mask Properly with Infection Prevention Director Chad Shibuya – 30 second commercial airing on Spectrum channels
Safe hospital. Safe patients. Safe staff.
- Proper Mask Wearing by Chad radio ad
- We’re COVID-Free – Safest Place in Town radio ad
- Safe Hospitals radio ad
- East Hawaii Health Clinics radio ad
- Welcome Back Patients & Visitors radio ad
- Mahalo for Your Love and Support Ads COVID-19 EHR Fact Sheet FINAL
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Limited Visitor Policy in Effect Until Further Notice
- Each patient is allowed one visitor per day.
- Visitation hours are from 3:00-7:00 pm.
- Visitors are required to wear masks and will be screened at the COVID Safety table at the hospital’s main entrance.
- No visitors for our Emergency Department with the exception to accompany a child or for translation
- COVID-positive patients are not allowed visitors, but we have IPads available for patients to FaceTime their loved ones
- See the Visitation Rules and FAQs for Hilo Medical Center’s Extended Care Facility
- The no-visitor policy remains in effect for our sister hospitals, Hale Ho`ola Hamakua in Honoka`a and Ka`u Hospital.
- Aloha United Way: For general questions about COVID-19, you can call Aloha United Way at dial 2-1-1.
- Hawai‘i County: A call center is now open to answer questions about COVID-19, and the community is encouraged to call 935-0031 to get the most up-to-date and accurate information, seven days a week, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Hawaii State Department of Health: If you have difficulty accessing medical care or have questions about how to care for yourself at home, call the Department of Health at (808) 586-4586
CDC Information on Key Topics
Click here for the latest news on COVID-19 in Hawaii. HMC’s social media channels will provide hospital updates to our community.