This page will be updated regularly to include inform our community about our hospital’s preparedness to COVID-19.
KEY FACT SHEETS & INFORMATION (Regularly Updated)
Wear Your Mask Properly with Infection Prevention Director Chad Shibuya – 30 second commercial airing on Spectrum channels
Safe hospital. Safe patients. Safe staff.
- Proper Mask Wearing by Chad radio ad
- We’re COVID-Free – Safest Place in Town radio ad
- Safe Hospitals radio ad
- East Hawaii Health Clinics radio ad
- Welcome Back Patients & Visitors radio ad
- Mahalo for Your Love and Support Ads
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Limited Visitor Policy in Effect Until Further Notice
- Each patient is allowed one visitor per day.
- Visitation hours are from 3:00-7:00 pm.
- Visitors are required to wear masks and will be screened at the COVID Safety table at the hospital’s main entrance.
- No visitors for our Emergency Department with the exception to accompany a child or for translation
- COVID-positive patients are not allowed visitors, but we have IPads available for patients to FaceTime their loved ones
- See the Visitation Rules and FAQs for Hilo Medical Center’s Extended Care Facility
- The no-visitor policy remains in effect for our sister hospitals, Hale Ho`ola Hamakua in Honoka`a and Ka`u Hospital.
- Aloha United Way: For general questions about COVID-19, you can call Aloha United Way at dial 2-1-1.
- Hawai‘i County: A call center is now open to answer questions about COVID-19, and the community is encouraged to call 935-0031 to get the most up-to-date and accurate information, seven days a week, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Hawaii State Department of Health: If you have difficulty accessing medical care or have questions about how to care for yourself at home, call the Department of Health at (808) 586-4586
CDC Information on Key Topics
Special Enrollment Period for MedQuest by Big Island Kokua Services
Click here for the latest update from the Hawaii State Department of Health.
Click here for the latest news on COVID-19 in Hawaii. HMC’s social media channels will provide hospital updates to our community.