KEY FACT SHEETS & INFORMATION (Regularly Updated)
Safe hospital. Safe patients. Safe staff.
- Proper Mask Wearing by Chad radio ad
- We’re COVID-Free – Safest Place in Town radio ad
- Safe Hospitals radio ad
- East Hawaii Health Clinics radio ad
- Welcome Back Patients & Visitors radio ad
COVID-19 Testing Sites
- Screening & Testing at Puna Community Medical Center Video
- Screening & Testing at Puna Community Medical Center Radio Ad
No Visitor Policy in Effect Until Further Notice
- No visitors will be allowed at Hilo Medical Center with the exception of one visitor at a time for child birth, pediatric patients and end-of-life.
- Visitors that are allowed into the hospital under the exceptions are required to present photo ID and wear a mask.
- Outpatient: Patients coming to the hospital for outpatient care like clinics, lab, imaging, rehab, RT, are allowed one caregiver to accompany the patient for special assistance IF NEEDED.
- Patient, visitor, employees, and vendors are required to wear a mask to enter the facility
- There is a no-visitor policy in effect for Hilo Medical Center’s Extended Care Facility and our sister hospitals, Hale Ho`ola Hamakua in Honoka`a and Ka`u Hospital.
COVID-19 Call Centers
- Aloha United Way: For general questions about COVID-19, you can call Aloha United Way at dial 2-1-1.
- Hawai‘i County: A call center is now open to answer questions about COVID-19, and the community is encouraged to call 935-0031 to get the most up-to-date and accurate information, seven days a week, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Hawaii State Department of Health: If you have difficulty accessing medical care or have questions about how to care for yourself at home, call the Department of Health at (808) 586-4586
CDC Information on Key Topics
Special Enrollment Period for MedQuest by Big Island Kokua Services
Click here for the latest update from the Hawaii State Department of Health.
Click here for the latest news on COVID-19 in Hawaii. HMC’s social media channels will provide hospital updates to our community.