Overnight Hilo Medical Center experienced an influx of COVID patients from 6 patients to 12 requiring hospitalization, all unvaccinated. The hospital, which has been very busy the past few months is nearing full capacity with limited beds available. Our Emergency Department is also is extremely busy. We are seeing a large spike of patients needing testing, examination and treatment for COVID.
Given this situation, our Hilo Medical Center Emergency Department, has implemented a NO VISITOR POLICY for the Emergency Department until further notice. Exceptions include pediatric patients 18 years and below, and for highly critical, end-of-life situations. Regular visiting hours from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm for inpatient visitors remains in place for now, but we are assessing the need to modify our polices over the next few days as we manage the current COVID outbreak among our unvaccinated population. Please continue to encourage your loved one to get vaccinated. See listing for vaccination and testing locations below.
HILO MEDICAL CENTER
- No visitors
- Exceptions include pediatric patients 18 years and below, and highly critical, end-of-life situations
- During daily visiting hours, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, visitors are not allowed to bring outside food and beverages
- Eating and drinking in patient rooms are not allowed
- Masks must be worn at all times
HILO MEDICAL CENTER UPDATE (as of 9:30 am on Saturday, July 31, 2021)
- 12 COVID-positive patients in our hospital, all unvaccinated
- 0 in ICU
- HMC Vaccination Clinics and Testing Listing below