Hawaii Island Family Health Center
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
Fax: (808) 933-9291
Rose, Douglas, MD, M.B.A.
Dr. Rose was born and raised in Pennsylvania. He attended medical school at Jefferson Medical College (now known as Sidney Kimmel Medical College). Residency saw him move to New Hampshire. He joined a then brand new program and is a member of the first three year class of the New Hampshire-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency.
After residency, he stayed at Dartmouth and was a faculty member at the same program for four years. He then moved to Tennessee to join the faculty at the East Tennessee State University Family Medicine Residency in Kingsport where he stayed for the next fourteen years.
For ten years in Tennessee, he served as the medical director of the residency clinic. In this role, he succeeded in receiving certification as a Patient-Centered Medical Home for the clinic (and the other two residency clinics as well). For three years he coordinated clinical efforts across all three of the department’s residency clinics in the role of Director of Clinical Operations for the Department of Family Medicine.
In order to better be equipped to understand and work within the business realm, he obtained his Master of Business Administration in 2015.
He has received multiple awards for his teaching from medical students and residents. He has presented numerous local, regional, national and international lectures on topics ranging from information mastery, diabetes care, and clinical improvements.
Dr. Rose is married and has three children. He enjoys spending time with his family, good (and even bad) science fiction, movies, comic books and a round of golf.
Services Provided :
- Preventive Services, wellness check-ups
- Management of chronic diseases
- Minor in office surgery
- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee
- Jefferson Medical College (now known as Sidney Kimmel Medical College), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- New Hampshire-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, Dartmouth College, Lebanon & Concord, New Hampshire
- Dartmouth College Faculty Development, Hanover, New Hampshire
- American Board of Family Medicine