Thank you for choosing East Hawaii Health Clinic (EHHC) Audiology. We are excited to bring Audiology Services to Hilo, caring for the hearing health of patients of all ages. Our island residents are now able to receive high quality Audiology services without leaving Hawaii Island!
Our audiology department is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment in order to examine patients with ear, hearing, balance and other related problems such as ringing in the ears.
Our ASHA certified audiologist Alisha Severson holds a Doctorate Degree in Audiology, and specializes in diagnosing hearing disorders of the ear to determine the best course of treatment.
We are committed to caring for you, and look forward to seeing you in our newly developed Audiology Clinic.
Full range of diagnostic hearing evaluations for patients of all ages:
• Newborn to adult diagnostic hearing assessments
• Rule out hearing loss as cause of speech delay in children
• Middle ear monitoring for indications of middle ear fluid
• Earwax detection & cerumen management
• Identify hearing loss caused by: earwax, noise, injury, ear infections, normal aging process and hereditary factors
• Comprehensive hearing evaluations for patients with sudden hearing loss, ringing in the ears and balance issues such as dizziness and vertigo.
- • Diagnostic hearing evaluations for children and adults
- • Newborn hearing assessments
- • Visual Reinforcement Audiometry for toddler and pre-school assessments
- • Conditioned Play Audiometry for primary school age children
- • Otoscopy & cerumen management for plugged ears
- • Tympanometry and acoustic reflex testing
- • Eustachian tube dysfunction testing
- • Otoacoustic emissions to assess cochlear function
- • Air, bone and speech audiometry using conventional techniques
- • Tinnitus management/counseling including tinnitus matching assessment
- • Determine hearing aid and cochlear implant candidacy