Hilo Medical Center Visiting Hours
General visiting hours is from 11 am – 7 pm.
Hilo Medical Center Updated Visitor Policy
Hilo Medical Center’s visitor policy may change at any time based on developments in the pandemic.
– Pediatric patients may have 2 visitors at a time during regular visiting hours (11:00 am – 7: pm). After visiting hours, 1 parent or guardian may stay with the child.
– Non-COVID patients at the imminent, end-of-life stage may have up to 6 visitors at the bedside.
– COVID patients at the imminent, end-of-life stage may have 2 visitors.
– EFFECTVE MAY 22ND: Masks are no longer required for the duration of the visit inpatient rooms, waiting rooms, hallways and elevators for visitors.
– Surgical masks will remain available for anyone wanting to mask or visitors experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms
– Masking requirements remain in effect for our long-term care facilities and critical access hospitals that include: Hilo Medical Center’s Extended Care, Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home, Hale Ho`ola Hamakua and Kau Hospital.
– Vaccination status is no longer required or checked
– Visiting Hours: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
– Emergency Room and Short Stay: 1 visitor
– Intensive Care, Medical, Surgical/Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Progressive Care, and Transitional Care Units: 2 visitors
– Behavioral Health: 1 visitor between 6:00 – 7:00 pm