CHRONIC COVID-19 LIMITED VISITORS POLICY
In light of the COVID-19 public health emergency, effective November 6, 2020 limited authorized visitors will be allowed at Hilo Medical Center. This is a live document and can change at any time based on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Patients with appointments to the following:
- All outpatient clinics and outpatient services
- All outpatients may be accompanied by ONE adult visitor. The visitor must pass temperature screening and provide their own mask to wear.
- No siblings allowed with parent to accompany a pediatric patient unless the sibling also has a scheduled appointment.
- Patients will be allowed into facility 20 minutes before their scheduled appointment time to reduce overcrowding in the waiting rooms.
Visitors – Inpatient
- Visiting hours are from 3:00pm to 7:00 pm daily
- One visitor at a time.
- Two visitors per patient per day during visiting hours.
- Visitors must check in at the Front Screening Station with photo ID and must pass Screening Guidelines to receive a band with the room number and date printed on it prior to entering.
- Children under 12 years of age are not allowed to visit patients.
- Sanitize hands before entry and report directly to the patient’s room.
- No use of cafeteria or gift shop. You may bring your own refreshments.
- Visitors will must check out at the Front Screening Stations and return their bands.
- A second band may be issued to the next visitor once the first visitor checks out properly. Failure to do so will result in the patients having no more visitors that day.
CHRONIC COVID-19 VISITORS POLICY FOR EAST HAWAII HEALTH CANCER CENTER
Effective Monday, August 31, 2020 until further notice, no visitors will be allowed at the Cancer Center at the East Hawaii Health at 1285 Waianuenue Avenue with the exception of the following:
- Initial Consults: 1 visitor
- Caregiver when needed for help with ambulation/wheelchair/walker
- 1 Caregiver to interpret if patient requests this option and not MARTTI
- Exceptions will be made by EHHCC staff if required for complex situations and patients will be notified appropriately.
- The approved visitors must pass screening for symptoms and be outside the 14-day quarantine.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS:
· Visitor Desk Cell: 640-1334
· House Supervisor: 657-9559
· Medical Records: 932-3450
· Administration: 932-3101 or 932-3111