Mission: Improving our community’s health through exceptional and compassionate care.
Welcome: You are an important member of your health care team. The Admitting Department assists you with your hospital admission.
The Patient Access Representative will complete paperwork associated with your hospital stay, such as personal and financial information, including:
- Personal identification (driver’s license, state identification card, green card, passport, etc.
- Billing address, phone number, employment information, next of kin or emergency contacts, and other demographic information.
- Correct and valid health insurance cards and claims filing addresses.
- Financial counseling is available if needed.
If you are unable to give complete information when admitted, you will need to follow-up with the Admissions Department during your hospitalization. If insurance information is not provided, you will be billed directly, and considered responsible for the entire balance.
Upon admission, please review the Condition of Admission and Treatment (COA) form. It contains details about:
- General Duty Nursing
- Consent for Treatment
- Financial Responsibility
- Physician Relationship with this Health Care Facility
- Medicare Release Personal Valuables
- Search for Contraband
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient Privacy Information and Consent
We ask that you be an active participant in your safety. When you need more information on your condition, or you don’t understand something about your care, please tell us. If you don’t feel comfortable discussing this with your care provider, we have a patient advocate who you may meet with to discuss your concerns. Hilo Medical Center is a private, non-profit health care facility, accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations.
Please select one of the links below to access more information: